Newfoundland and Labrador
August 23 – September 4, 2016 – 12 days
Newfoundland and Labrador is yet another of Chemainus Tours client favourite destinations when traveling to Eastern Canada.
Here is the latest information for the coming event.
- Aug 23: Home pick-up; flights to Newfoundland; Arrive at Deer Lake and transfer to hotel in Corner Brook.
- Aug 24: Free morning in Corner Brook; afternoon tour of Corner Brook. Overnight in Corner Brook. (Breakfast & Welcome
- Aug 25: Travel the Viking Trail to Gros Morne National Park; visit the National Historic Park at Port au Choix, which
interprets the lifestyle of the Maritime Archaic people who lived here over 3000 years ago. Overnight in Plum Point.
(Breakfast & Midday Meal)
- Aug 26: Travel the coastline to St Anthony to visit the home of medical missionary, Sir Wilfred Grenfell; and visit the
UNESCO World Heritage site at L’Anse aux Meadows, home of the Viking people who settle the area. Overnight in Plum
Point (Breakfast & Midday Meal)
- Aug 27: Travel across the Straits of Belle Isle to Labrador. Visit a Basque Whaling Station and the tallest lighthouse in the
province at L’Anse Amour. Overnight in L’Anse au Clair (Breakfast & Midday Meal)
- Aug 28: Return to Newfoundland. Explore the rugged coastline; visit The Arches. Enjoy a traditional Newfoundland
dinner. Overnight in Rocky Harbour (Breakfast & Dinner)
- Aug 29: Boat tour across Bonne bay to Woody Point. Spend time in Gros Morne National Park UNESCO World Heritage
Site. Visit the Discovery Centre & view the Tableland Mountains. Overnight in Rocky Harbour (Breakfast & Midday Meal)
- Aug 30: Travel to Grand Falls-Windsor and Lewisport in Central Newfoundland. Enjoy a “Mug Up”; then it’s off to Gander,
the Crossroads of the World. Overnight in Gander (Breakfast & Midday Meal)
- Aug 31: Travel to Twillingte Island, one of Newfoundland’s oldest fishing communities; then to Terra Nova National Park.
Overnight in Port Blandford/Clarenville (Breakfast & Midday Meal)
- Sept 01: Visit the historic village of Trinity, one of the oldest communities in North America; then Bonavista, the landfall of
John Cabot in 1497. Overnight in Blandford/Clarenville (Breakfast & Midday Meal)
- Sept 02: Travel to the Avalon Peninsula to the town of Bay Bulls; boat trip to Witless Bay Ecological Reserve to watch for
puffins and other seabirds. Visit Cape Spear National Historic Park, the most easterly point of land in North America
before heading into St John’s, the capital of Newfoundland & Labrador. Overnight in St John’s (Breakfast & Midday Meal)
- Sept 03: Morning tour of historic St John’s, Cabot Tower and Signal Hill; afternoon at leisure; Farewell Dinner. Overnight in
St John’s (Breakfast & Dinner).
- Sept 04: Return flights to Vancouver and Comox; home drop off.